Tuesday, February 26, 2008

home


ah...vacation is over...it is bittersweet, but I am still filled with the feeling of complete happiness. The trip was amazing in every sense. I don´t know where to start really. I think I will go with my comfortzone and make some lists :)

Best of Amsterdam (in no particular order):

1. The houses. I loved all the cute little narrow houses that laid down by the canals. They were so personal and diffrent. The doors were ornate and it was so nice to think that people acctually live there :)

2. The people. We didn´t meet one rude person in Amsterdam! All the people were so nice and helpful.

3. The van Gogh museum. We had worked with Vincents artwork with the kids at work last year and it was very interesting to see everything in real life. And it was here that I fell in love (the first time, I fell in love many times). We were looking around and this painting (scroll down)just hit my heart. I had to buy a poster to hang in our bedroom!

4. Hard Rock café food. I had this lovely veggie burger at the Hard Rock café and I think it was the best burger I have ever had!

5. The houseboats. How cool would it be to live on one of these!



Best of Paris (in no particular order):

1. The atmospher. Just to be in the presence of such a world city were mindblowing to me. I have read about and seen Paris in movies all my life and to finally be there gave me a feeling of good fuzziness inside. To wander the street and look at all the lovely, beautiful buildings...




2. The Eiffel Tower. When we went of the bus at the Trocadero and I walked up the stairs and finally, finally laid my eyes on that beauty, my heart skipped a beat. I was overwhelmed.




3. The Louvre. Oh my gosh that place is huge! We only went into one wing and we didn´t even finish the whole thing! My whole body and mind was at a place of calmness and utter peace when i was there. To be surounded by all that art was almost to much for me :)


4. The food. We seriously had some great food in Paris. The vegetarian food I chose were all very fresh and nicely prepared. And that the cafés and resturants were cosy and nice did it all even better.



Ok, this will do as a start! Please go to my flickr gallery to see more photos!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Looks like you had a great vacation!!! Great photos!!

Amy said...

I love the photo with all the bikes, now that is public transportation. I absolutely miss Paris, so beautiful. Ahhh, I want to go back!

Ann(i)e Hafermann said...

two of my FAVORITE places!!
LOVE the pic of the Eiffel tower and your feet...AWESOME!
XO

Karoline Sigoldson said...

Härliga bilder! Jag blir jättesugen på att åka till Paris, har aldrig varit där. Vi skulle åkt nu i Maj men så har Micke just bytt jobb så han kan inte ta semester då tyvärr...
Hur var det med scrapaffärer då? såg du några sådana?
:-)

Anonymous said...

you look so cute in red!
love love the pic of your feet/eiffel tower.
and the bikes. wow.

what a fabulous trip that must have been! welcome home :)

Mandi Johnson said...

How fabulous! If I ever go to Paris... I'm sure I will have those fuzzies too- like "wow this place actually DOES exist!" :)

Anna/Augusti_73 said...

Vilken mysig resa ni haft!
Trevlig helg!

Jess said...

Wow these photos are amazing! And your vacation looks like it was phenomenal!! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Nancywithajones said...

AMAZING photographs. Sounds like the perfect vacation. I would love to go there some day. :)