Tuesday, January 02, 2007

art

I like art, more now than as a teenager. I remember thinking that art is really boring and I didn´t care that much. I certainly didn´t get abstract art at all. Just splashes of paint to me! But look at those splashes of paint that Kandinsky made. Wow, I say!





One of the first artists (besides Da-Vinci ofcourse, everyone has seen Mona-Lisa!) I heard of was Claude Monet a French impressionist painter. Monet was exceptionally fond of painting controlled nature - his own garden, his water lilies, his pond, and his bridge. I read a book about him and there where samples from his paintings. His sight was really bad at the end and you can really see that in his last paintings, but still you can see that it is the same little bridge with the water lilies. I Googled him :) and found these 2 examples. I love his work!




Now I see art everywhere. I understand now that art is really in the eye of the beholder. Art can be on a canvas hanging in a museum, true. But for me art can be on a mural, a subway wall, a street, in clothes. Art, to me, is everywhere. You just have to be prepared to see and to look in "strange" places. Take a look out the window while you comute. Look at those graffitis you otherwise may see as a stupid thing to do (don´t get me wrong, in the wrong place and the with the wrong message it is sad) but see it like art, as a artist made it with intention to make the place a little bit nicer, more beautiful...for you.

Tribal art is facsinating to me. Just look at all those colors and patterns! Mmm I could eat it! :)




I loved looking up at my daughter bedroom wall this afternoon. It just hit me that this is exeptional art (not just to as her mother I think) but it is true art coming from a completely true person - a child. I spend a lot of time looking at childrens artwork during my days at work. And I love looking at thoses images as they are true.


No comments: