Monday, March 13, 2006

oh my oh my








The weather was fantastic today! So I had to pull out the camera and make husband drive me down to the beach. The light was so nice and then I saw something I have never seen before. The ice had been pushed together with such force that it had folded like books in the waterline. It was simply amazing! Then we went a little further on the beach and we heard how the ice was moving and cracking. I have never heard an earthquake, but it sure sounded like it. It was such an amazing thing to see and hear. I will never forget the sound and how calmly the ice moved on the water. And I couldn´t believe how thick the ice was. I got some nice shots and they are taking forever to download, but I will be patient :) Enjoy the beauty and force of nature!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,

I just wanted to leave a message for you. I check your blog regulary but I never leave a message, so here it is!

I loooooooooooooooooove your ice pictures!!! It has such serenity and calmness in it. I bet you had a wonderful day!

Love your blog.

Inge